St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, located in downtown
Edwardsville, Illinois, is a mid-sized family church
offering Adult Education, a Church School program
and Youth Group in addition to community outreach
opportunities. We faithfully serve Christ and
proclaim the Gospel in the Anglican/Episcopal
tradition. We are a diverse parish and welcome
worshippers of all traditions to our Sunday
|May 18, 2013
- The May 2013 issue of The Shield is available
on this website, along with the May
calendar and schedule. These
documents can be accessed on this page by
clicking the links on the left. If you wish to
be be added to the distribution list for the
parish newsletter, you may email the church office at
- St. Andrew's mourns the passing of Charles Schweizer, a dedicated parishioner for many years, at age 99. Charles' funeral is Saturday, May 18, at 1 pm. His burial will be private.
- Mother Bennett's last Sunday as St. Andrew's Rector is Sunday, June 2. She has faithfully served St. Andrew's for 17 years. We will celebrate her time with us at the June 2 ten o'clock service and a reception will follow. For further information, contact the church office at 656-1929.
- The Rev. Virginia Bennett's sermons are
available on this site. Just click on "Sermons"
in the left hand column. These sermons are
enjoyed regularly on this site and our Facebook
page at Facebook.com/Standrews.Edwardsville.
- If you would like to be added to St. Andrew's email distribution list for the parish newsletter and other news, send your email address to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. Andrew's mailing address is 406 Hillsboro
Avenue, Edwardsville, Illinois 62025. Phone:
618-656-1929. Fax: 618-656-7982. The parish
administrator, Henry Evans, is in the church
office from 8 am to 1 pm daily, Monday through
Holy Eucharist at 8 am and 10 am; Church
School at 10 am; Adult Christian Education
at 9:15 am
Parish ministry groups meet periodically. See
the calendar for details.
10:00 am, Holy Eucharist monthly on the 2nd
Tuesday. Celebrant: Fr. Pence
10 am every Tuesday: Julian of Norwich
Prayer Group (2nd Floor - Library)
7:30 pm: Choir Practice